Private Schools NZ - ACG Group
ACG Schools in New Zealand
Quality education from kindergarten to senior school.
ACG Schools are co-educational and share common values while the specialist nature of each means that they offer students a
range of programmes in different environments. Together, the Schools provide comprehensive education to children of all ages,
from three-month old infants to senior Year 13 students.
| ACG Parnell College Flyer(645 KB)
|| ACG Strathallan Flyer(880.57 KB)
|ACG Senior College IB Flyer(595 KB)||ACG Senior College Cambridge Flyer(694 KB)|
Personal achievement, examination success, proven quality
ACG is New Zealand’s largest provider of quality private school education. In Auckland, almost 20% of all private school students attend an ACG School.
All ACG Schools offer the University of Cambridge International Examinations (IGCSE and A Levels) and/or the International Baccalaureate (Pre-IB and IB Diploma). These qualifications are internationally recognised and accepted by respected universities worldwide.
A clear focus on academic outcomes has enabled ACG students to achieve over 200 Top in the World and Top in New Zealand Cambridge International Examination awards.
ACG students have achieved more Cambridge International awards than those of any other school in New Zealand(1). In the last three years, approximately one-in-three of all of the awards were earned by ACG students.
*(1) University of Cambridge International Examinations.
Top Cambridge Scholars 2014
*Metro Magazine, July 2015
Convenient locations around Auckland and Tauranga
With five ACG Schools strategically located, there is one within easy reach for students in any area. From the bustling city centre to the peaceful countryside, each school has its own personality which reflects its environment. ACG Schools offer dedicated bus services to make access convenient.
ACG Parnell College opened in 1998 as one of the first dedicated middle schools in New Zealand. It has developed into a leading school that focuses on the needs of its students. In 2007, an outstanding new purpose-built campus opened its doors to students from Years 1 to 13.
Conveniently located in the Parnell/Newmarket area, a short distance from the Auckland city centre, the School opens onto one of the city's finest and largest parks, the Auckland Domain. The School makes full use of its excellent location with nearby facilities, such as the Parnell tennis Club, Newmarket Olympic Pools and the War Memorial Museum.
ACG Parnell College is housed in a modern 10,000 square metre building with superb teaching spaces plus a wide range of specialist facilities, including a gymnasium, a large library, performance spaces for drama, dance, and music, sophisticated art, technology and computer rooms and a modern cafeteria. The ACG Parnell Primary School occupies an adjacent building with full use of the college building's facilities.
- Continuous educational path from Year 1 to Year 13
- An outstanding purpose-built school with a wide range of specialist facilities
- Conveniently situated in Parnell, a popular central area of Auckland
- Easy access to Auckland's bus and train services
- Close to excellent sporting and cultural amenities
- Students wear a casual uniform from Years 1 to 12
Experience an IB World School with a difference in the heart of the city
ACG Senior Collegeis amongst New Zealand's top academic schools. From its beginning in 1995 as New Zealand's only specialist pre-university centre, the School has become a focus for outstanding educational success. It has consistently ranked as the top co-educational senior school in the country.
ACG Senior College is an IB World School as well as an Cambridge International Fellowship Centre.
The IB Diploma is an academically challenging and balanced programme widely recognised and respected by the world's leading universities. It is suitable for any student planning to enter a degree programme, providing them with the skills needed for success at university and beyond http://www.ibo.org/diploma
City centre location
Located right in the heart of Auckland, ACG Senior College students enjoy the vibrancy and energy of inner-city life. The School is housed in an historic building with easy walking access to art galleries, the Auckland City Library, The University of Auckland and AUT University. The Central Business District, Albert Park, the Aotea Centre, the Town Hall and other performing arts centres all add to the range of activities and areas of interest available to students attending ACG Senior College.
- A specialist pre-university centre with outstanding academic student achievement
- The only NZ school to offer a choice of two international senior school qualifications: IB Diploma and Cambridge International qualifications (IGCSE and A-Levels)
- Smaller classes, a longer day and longer lessons contribute to effective student learning
- A wide range of music and performing arts, activity groups and sports teams
- Conveniently situated in the heart of Auckland city
- Over 20 subjects to choose from, including Classical Studies, Graphic Design, History of Art, Painting, Photography and Thinking Skills
- Students wear tidy casual clothing
A spacious campus in a picturesque location
ACG Strathallan is one of the largest private school complexes in New Zealand. Located in a green and leafy suburb of Auckland, 30 minutes from the centre of the city, the School sits in a beautiful position near the beautiful Manukau Harbour.
The spacious campus consists of 14.5 hectares and has excellent buildings, sports facilities and playing fields. ACG Strathallan's many outdoor facilities and sporting areas ensure that a complete education is provided. The blend of modern, high-tec learning centres and beautiful coastal countryside, close to the city of Auckland, creates the perfect educational environment.
The large campus is divided into three areas Preschool, Primary School and College. Each area has its own comprehensive premises. The campus also comprises a number of purpose-built facilities with a fully equipped gymnasium, a specialist fine arts, design & technology block, music suites and a performance theatre.
- Continuous educational path from Junior Infant Centre to Year 13
- A spacious campus set in park-like grounds on the beautiful Hingaia Peninsula
- Proven academic and sports successes on an international level
- A wide variety of sporting and extra-curricular activities
- A dedicated school bus transport service covers wide areas of Eastern and Southern Auckland
- Students wear a traditional uniform from Kindergarten to Year 12
West Auckland location
ACG Sunderland is West Auckland's only private co-educational school. Conveniently located 5 minutes from the north-western motorway, many students attend the School from the local community as well as from Auckland city and Auckland's North Shore. Students are able to use ACG Sunderland's own school bus service.
ACG Sunderland's campus comprises architecturally designed premises and nine acres of landscaped grounds. As well as providing a gymnasium, computer suites, science labs, a well-stocked art room and a specialist technology department, the School places emphasis on the performing arts, with specialist music rooms, a band practice room, a drama room and a 250-seat auditorium.
ACG Sunderland is a small school which offers close individual learning attention to each student. Individual learning needs are identified from the start and programms put in place to provide the best possible learning environment for each student.
- Continuous educational path from Kindergarten to Year 13
- Attractive modern campus on landscaped grounds
- Dedicated school bus transport service
- A caring and supportive environment with mentoring at all Year levels
- Close to excellent sporting and cultural facilities
- A wide range of co-curricular activities, including choirs, music groups, school productions, and an arts festival
- All students wear a traditional uniform
ACG Tauranga is a secular, uniformed, co-educational school which opened in February 2015 with classes for students from Year 1 to Year 9. When the campus is fully developed, it will provide a continuous educational path from Year 1 to Year 13. Enrolments are now open and we welcome families.
The spacious classrooms provide plenty of room for individuals to break into groups. The design and fit out reflect the modern learning environment that our Principal Mrs. Chris Cottell-Mayhew is so passionate about. The physical atmosphere in the classrooms is constantly monitored to ensure that there is plenty of fresh air to keep young minds stimulated. The classrooms have underfloor heating, fresh air vents and the quality of window and wall cladding regulates the temperature and sound.
- An independent co-educational education facility that will offer a complete education pathway from Year 1 to Year 13.
- An emphasis on promoting individual achievement and a lifelong commitment to excellence.
- Situated on a superb site at 6 Keenan Road (off Pyes Pa Road) Tauranga.
- Innovative and engaging programmes designed to encourage students to think both creatively and critically.
- Thinking Skills as part of the curriculum to create ordered minds and deeper understanding.
- Extension activities in each curriculum area to challenge able students.
- A high priority is placed on providing an environment in which every student feels safe, secure and valued.
- An international curriculum and a positive learning environment where the individual is valued and each student’s accomplishments are recognised and celebrated.
- Acknowledgement and nurturing of artistic and musical talents. Special interest groups include art workshops, dance, drama, bands and an annual musical production.
- Dynamic sports and health programmes to broaden students’ experiences and enable lifelong participation in a variety of activities.