Key Facts & FAQs
ACG School Jakarta encourages the growth and development of students by providing a learning environment that is set up for success. Ourfacilities, resources, curriculumand most importantly ourteachersare of the highest quality to ensure our students go on to become global citizens of the future.
Here are some key facts about the School:
- ACG School Jakarta is an independent co-educational international School offering Kindergarten to Year 13.
- Students of the School range from age 3 to 18.
- The School's emphasis is on promoting individual achievement and a lifelong commitment to excellence.
- The School islocated in South Jakarta in a safe and secure area with beautiful grounds.
- The School provides aninternational curriculumwhich prepares students for university education.
- The School has a strong focus on developing and expanding numeracy and literacy skills.
- ACG School Jakarta has fully resourced classrooms and network computers for the benefit of the students.
- The School caters for the development of high achievers through extension programmes.
- Priority is placed on maintaining an environment in which every student feels safe, secure and valued.
- The School is an active member of the Java Association of Small International Schools (JASIS) and offers students a variety of interschool sporting, social and educational opportunities.
A. ACG School Jakarta is a family oriented and welcoming school. The Homeroom teachers are a first point of contact for parents and can answer any questions you may have – or they will find the answer if they need to! We have regular Coffee Mornings where parents are welcome to hear about issues important to them or on developments at the school. Coffee Morning topics for 2016-2017 have included: University, College or What?, Cyber Safety: What are the dangers online?, Healthy Living, Being a 3rd Culture Kid, The IB Diploma at ACG and much more. Our parent community supports the school at key times – such as International Day, with the provision of food, treats, information on their home countries and even with performing on stage! We have also had parents visit classes to share their expertise, assist with the coaching of sports teams and also contribute at assemblies. Volunteer teachers also run free conversational language classes for beginners after school – each Monday is English and each Thursday is Bahasa Indonesia, all ACGS School Jakarta parents are welcome to attend.
A. ACG School Jakarta's Kindergarten has an indoor and outdoor play area that hosts different learning centres that focus on the development of healthy minds, bodies and spirits. Areas include puzzles, manipulatives, fine motor activities, dramatic play, reading area, sand play, water play, computer centre, art centre and science area. Our equipment supports a range of learning in these areas. It is important to change the equipment regularly to maintain the children's interest and enthusiasm.
We have a 25 meter swimming pool and toddler splash pool where the children have weekly swimming lessons.
A.We use English as the common language of instruction, native English speaking teachers are employed, for every class. By being immersed in the language from an early age children have a far greater ability to master the language, even though it may be their second, or even third language. In the classroom environment the children not only hear other children speaking English but they are free to practise their English with their friends without fear of failure. The constant exposure gradually hones their use of grammar and builds their vocabulary.