School bus fee policy
ACG International School provides a school bus service for students. This service is not for profit. The fee will cover all associated costs. The school always keeps the fee to a minimum; but it may change from time to time as other related costs increase, such as fuel.
Please observe the following information:
- All pick-up points are evaluated based on availability and rout timing. In order to offer a reasonable bus fee to parents, a vehicle will require a minimum of 5 students to sign up. Ideally one vehicle is limited to a maximum of 5 pick-up points to avoid any unnecessary long journey for students.
- The prices of the school bus are set to a minimum and a maximum which will be determined according to the distance to and from campus.
- Payments for the school bus service must be paid in full before the first day of each term or semester of the ACG school calendar depending on payment options preferred (term or semester payment).
- Bus fees may be adjusted according to any route change, i.e. an additional payment or refund may apply.
Approx. US$1,300 per Semester*
Min. US$1,100 per Semester
*Subject to petrol pricing
School bus route, Chaperone
The School shall be responsible for rostering of buses and establishing bus routes. Each bus driver shall be provided with a list of names and addresses of all children rostered to travel on that bus. Each bus shall carry (on a first on, last off basis) an adult chaperone, or responsible senior student who will act as a bus monitor. Chaperones or monitors are responsible for the behaviour on the bus, attending to needs of younger children, ensuring safety procedures, and minimizing disturbance to the driver to allow him to concentrate on his driving and road safety.
- Will be given the name, phone number of the driver, car license number and make of vehicle
- Expected pick up and home time for students
- Please notify reception if your child is not needing the bus, and if your child is absent or being collected.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 7805636 for any information about your child.
School bus rules
The School wants to ensure all students are safe and happy in the school bus. Daily bus reports are generated; any behaviour issues will be reported to the Principal. After 2 warnings Students will not be able to travel in the bus for 1 week.
Calling the driver when on the road is not encouraged as this will disturb them. Send a text and the driver can respond when he is not concentrating on driving. Parents who wish to find out about the driver needs to contact the school.
Students are expected to be ready at their own designated pick up time. Unless otherwise informed, the School bus will not wait for a student who has not appeared at the pick up point (lobby, etc.). The bus may wait for a couple of minutes for a student under special circumstances (i.e. toileting) but will not wait for extended periods of time.
For the morning pick-up the driver can only wait 2 minutes. This is very important as the bus must arrive at school on time to start the school day. Please respect drivers and other passengers.
School Buses shall not carry unauthorized passengers. All students traveling on School Buses shall be required to conform to rules relating to travel and behaviour on a school bus as follows:
- Chaperone is responsible; please listen and respect them
- Wear safety belt
- Be kind to each other
- Hands to yourself
- Quiet voices in order to not disturb the driver
- Older students act responsibly
- Belongings stay in bag until you get to school or home