To obtain a student visa, you have to be enrolled in an approved course at an educational institution that has been accredited to offer that course.
To apply online, pleaseclick here.
Your application will need:
- A recent passport-size photograph.
- Payment of a non-refundable application fee.
- An offer of place from an educational institution, which states that you have been accepted by the institution, the name of the course, the minimum time required to complete the course, and whether a course fee must be paid or the student is exempt from the fee (e.g. scholarship students). This will be sent to you by the institution confirming your enrolment.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to live on while you are studying (currently NZ$1,250 per month).
- A return air ticket to your country, or evidence of sufficient funds to buy one.
- A valid passport. If your application is approved, your passport must be valid for 3 months after your planned date of departure from New Zealand.
- Financial documents.
- Educational certificates.
- Evidence of having a comprehensive medical, travel and contents insurance policy which meets ACG's approval.
For More Information:
For courses longer than 6 months, you will need to provide an x-ray certificate that is less than 3 months old.
If you are 17 or over and intend to stay in New Zealand for 24 months or longer, you will need a police certificate from your home country, to show that you are of good character.
ACG online visa service*
ACG offers an online visa service for student visa variations and extensions once you arrive in New Zealand and commence your studies.
* Not available at all ACG campuses