AUT University Certificate in Foundation Studies
Your University Pathway begins at ACG.
The Certificate in Foundation Studies guarantees entry into AUT University and is accepted by all New Zealand universities and Australian technology universities.
Since 2003, 95% of students who completed the Certificate have received confirmed offers of place at AUT University. There are four study options, ranging from 6 to 15 months in length, designed to meet the needs of each student. The AUT University Certificate in Foundation Studies is taught by ACG Norton College.
Academic Entry Requirements
Successful academic experience and qualifications at Year 12 (NZ) or Grade 12/11 (Asia), Senior High School 3rd/2nd year, or equivalent plus English proficiency as listed below.
|AUT University Certificate in Foundation Studies|
|Fast-track 6 months (2 terms)||IELTS 5.5* or equivalent||NZ$ 17,200|
|Standard 8/9 months (3 terms)||IELTS 5.5 or equivalent||NZ$ 19,620|
|Standard Plus 1 year (4 terms)||IELTS 5.0 or equivalent||NZ$ 26,160|
|Academic English for Foundation
3 months (1 term)
|IELTS 4.5 or equivalent||NZ$ 6,800|
*IELTS 5.5 (with a minimum of two bands of 6.0, with at least one being in Reading or Writing, and no band less than 5.0), or IELTS 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5) or equivalent.
The AUT University Certificate in Foundation Studies offers a
wide range of subjects, including:
- New Zealand Culture and Society
- Tertiary Study Skills
AUT Universitiy is a contemporary New Zealand university focused on providing exceptional student opportunities, learning experiences and graduate success.
- The 12th most international University in the world and New Zealand's number one international University*
- The second-largest university in New Zealand and the fastest growing
- Ranked in the top 3% of the world’s best universities**
- Proud of its five star rating from QS*** for Internationalisation, Teaching, Graduate employability and Facilities
- Offering several subjects that are ranked among the world’s best, including Art and Design - top 100, Accounting and Finance - top 150, and Business and Management - top 200 in the world**
- AACSB accredited - AUT Business School is accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), which ranks it in the top 5% worldwide
*2016 Times Higher Education
**QS World University Rankings 2015/2016
***QS Stars rating 2016
- A high graduate employment rate because of its career-focused programmes
- High-quality teaching staff with typically smaller interactive classes
- Programmes developed in conjunction with industry to ensure they reflect current and future workforce needs
- World-class innovative facilities
- Three vibrant and well-positioned campuses - in Auckland (City), Manukau (South Auckland) and the North Shore (across the Auckland Harbour Bridge)
- Over 4,000 international students from more than 95 countries
AUT University Programmes of study
- Art and Design
- Computer and Mathematical Sciences
- Creative Technologies
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Languages and Social Sciences
- Sport and Recreation
- Te Ara Poutama - Maori Development