Victoria University of Wellington Foundation Studies Programme
Capital thinking. Globally minded.
The Victoria Foundation Studies Programme prepares you for entry into the University’s undergraduate programmes.
Why Choose the Victoria Foundation Studies Programme?
- The Victoria Foundation Studies Programme offers guaranteed pathways to Victoria University of Wellington upon successful graduation.
- The Victoria Foundation Studies Programme is recognised by all New Zealand universities.
- The curriculum develops subject knowledge and skills as well as entrepreneurial enterprise, leadership and team skills to equip you for university.
- The Victoria Foundation Studies Programme offers flexibility with four intakes per year and six, eight and twelve-month course options (two, three or four terms), depending on your academic background and level of English.
- Special courses in English for Tertiary Study and New Zealand Culture and Society prepares you for study at university level.
- Subject choices include Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Tourism, Communication, Culture, Statistics, Calculus, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Academic Entry Requirements
Successful academic experience and qualifications at Year 12 (NZ) or Grade 12/11 (Asia), Senior High School 3rd/2nd year, or equivalent plus English proficiency as listed below.
|Entry / Duration||English Proficiency|
|Fast-track / 6 months (2 terms)||IELTS 6.0* or equivalent|
|Standard / 8/9 months (3 terms)||IELTS 5.5 or equivalent|
|Standard Plus / 1 year (4 terms)||IELTS 5.0 or equivalent|
*IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in Writing and no band less than 5.0)
The minimum age to enter the Victoria Foundation Studies Programme is 17.
The academic year is divided into four terms and there are four starting dates each year.
The programme consists of four compulsory core subjects and selected optional subjects. English for Tertiary Study Part I and II equal 20 credits each while other subjects provide 10 or 20 credits each. To qualify for the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation Studies Certificate students must satisfy the following criteria in a minimum of four compulsory subjects and all selected optional subjects, including:
- Complete all 120-credit course requirements
- Achieve a minimum of 50% in each subject.
The Victoria University of Wellington Foundation Studies Programme offers a
wide range of subjects, including:
- Chemistry and
- Is New Zealand's top ranked university for research quality*, has eight teaching and research faculties.
- Has internationally recognised courses and degrees, ranked in the world’s top 150 universities in 15 subjects**
- Offers a quality education modelled on the highly successful British framework – one that emphasises creative thought and heightened world knowledge
- Teaches skills for getting ahead – leadership, communication, creative and critical thinking
- Has over 21,000 students including 2,800 international students
- Is a leading international research centre – this research is integrated into our teaching programmes.
Victoria University's eight faculties of study include:
- Architecture and Design
- Graduate Research
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Is a great place to live during your studies and while entering the graduate job market
- Is a beautiful, vibrant, safe and fun city – one of Australasia’s top three cities for quality of living***
- Offers the perfect mix of urban convenience and natural surrounds – it has the feel of a big city without the traffic, queues, pollution or population pressures
- Is a diverse and creative capital with excellent facilities and a lively calendar of events throughout the year
- Is compact and easy to get around on foot, or using its excellent public transport system
- Is motivated and energised by the intelligent vision of its people – over 55% of Wellington’s working population has a tertiary qualification
- Is where many foreign embassies are located.
* 2013 Performance-Based Research Fund
** QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2016
*** 2016 Mercer Quality of Living Survey: mercer.com/content/mobility/quality-of-living-city-rankings
Victoria University of Wellington Foundation Studies Prospectus
Victoria University of Wellington Foundation Studies Programme Application Form
ACG International Student Prospectus 2017
ACG International Student Application Form 2017