Family Settlement Service - ACG Norton College
Family Settlement Service
A family settlement service is available from contracted partners to provide assistance to parents and family members who accompany their children to New Zealand to study at an ACG School in Auckland. The contracted partners can provide a variety of settlement service packages.
The Standard Settlement Service is provided for the first fourteen days upon arrival in New Zealand and
- Pre-arrival support (obtaining quotes and responding to email queries)
- Airport meet and greet
- Provide a prepay sim card for a NZ Mobile Phone operator
- Mobile phone purchase if required
- Orientation and intercultural briefing (half day)
- Banking information and assistance
- Temporary accommodation arrangements in a motel/hotel
- Rental home research and inspection (2 days, up to 4 home inspections)
- Assistance with furniture and home appliance purchase or rental
- Home contents insurance information and assistance
- School assistance including interviews at the school, uniform and book purchases, campus tour and interpretation
- Telephone, power, Sky TV and internet service instalment
- Vehicle purchase and insurance information
- Community information and assistance (medical and dental clinics, local shopping, banks, post office, library and restaurants)
- Visits at the new home to provide general information and support (up to 4 visits).
Standard Service Fee: NZ$ 5,500 incl GST for the first 14 days upon arrival into Auckland.
- Settlement services beyond fourteen days are available at additional cost.
- Payment is required before the settlement service can be provided
- More advanced settlement services are available at a higher fee
- The service is currently available to Chinese and Korean speakers; please contact ACG if the service is required in another language.