NZ Student Visas - ACG Norton College
Visa requirements to study in New Zealand
Please note that it normally takes a minimum of three weeks to process a student visa application.
Detailed student visa and visitor visa application checklists for each country are available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
To obtain a student visa, you have to be enrolled in an approved course at an educational institution that has been accredited to offer that course.
Your application will need:
- A recent passport-size photograph
- Payment of a non-refundable application fee
- An offer of place from an educational institution, which states that you have been accepted by the institution, the name of the course, the minimum time required to complete the course, and whether a course fee must be paid or the student is exempt from the fee (e.g. scholarship students). This will be sent to you by the institution confirming your enrolment.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to live on while you are studying (currently NZ$15,000 per year or NZ$1,250 per month)
- A return air ticket to your country, or evidence of sufficient funds to buy one
- A valid passport. If your application is approved, your passport must be valid for 3 months after your planned date of departure from New Zealand.
- Financial documents
- Educational certificates
- Evidence of having a comprehensive medical, travel and contents insurance policy which meets ACG’s approval.
For courses longer than 24 months, you will also need to provide medical and x-ray certificates that are less than 3 months old.
If you are over 17, you will need a police certificate from your home country, to show that you are of good character.
ACG online visa service
ACG offers an online visa service for student visa variations and extensions once you arrive in New Zealand and commence your studies.
For more information: