High-quality teaching in an environment that nurtures and challenges students. ACG Strathallan aims to provide a high quality education that seeks to value the best of the past, while having a clear focus on the future.
The goal of ACG Strathallan is to educate students to be creative problem-solvers who are also willing to take considered risks; independent yet interdependent young people; and life-long learners who will be useful contributors and strong leaders in the global community of the 21st century.
Special features of ACG Strathallan include:
A focus on student learning through:
- High-quality teaching.
- An emphasis on numeracy and literacy skills.
- Innovative curricula that meet national and international curriculum requirements.
An emphasis on the needs of the individual student through:
- Creating learning environments where each student is nurtured and challenged to achieve to their full potential.
- Pastoral systems that provide oversight of each student.
- Providing a safe environment where all students feel valued, accepted and supported, preparing students for the future through:
- Effective use of technology integrated into educational programmes at all levels.
- Programmes that encourage students to think creatively and critically.
- Instilling a positive work ethic and a love of learning that will continue throughout their lives.
An education that develops well-balanced, interesting young people through:
- Providing opportunities for students to participate in a wide range of sporting and other activities.
- Giving prominence to the arts, including music, drama and the visual arts.
- Encouraging and challenging each student to strive to do his or her best.