ACG Strathallan Preschool Centre provides a quality early childhood education for children aged three months to five years.
ACG Strathallan Preschool personalised guided tours:
To arrange a visit or join us on one of our weekly guided tours, please call us on: (09) 295 0836
It consists of three individual licensed Early Childhood Centres: an Infant Preschool, a Junior Preschool and a Senior Preschool. During these early years, children acquire a variety of important skills, knowledge and attitudes that will affect their ability to learn, their personal development, their relationships with others and their future participation in society. ACG Strathallan Preschool encourages children to see learning as both enjoyable and useful and provides a strong foundation for their future intellectual, physical and social development.
ACG Strathallan Preschool Centre operates full day sessions from two to five days per week. Our opening hours are 7.30am until 5.30pm with most children attending for school hours.The Preschools are purpose built and designed to cater for the educational needs of children at this age.
They consist of:
- Large inside spaces.
- Cosy sleep areas for the juniors and individual cots for the infants.
- Hygienic changing areas with bathing and laundry facilities.
- An outdoor screened area with safety matting for use in inclement weather.
- The Infant Centre has under floor heating and CCTV surveillance throughout which ensures the comfort and safety of all our children.
- Exciting and stimulating outdoor play areas which include climbing equipment and sandpits.
- Senior Preschool students have access to the College Gymnasium and School Hall.
This Preschool caters for children aged three months to two years. With its purpose-built area catering for twenty five children it operates with a staffing ratio of at least one teacher to four children.
Junior and Senior Preschools
The Junior and Senior Preschools are each licensed for forty-six children. The Junior Preschool is for children aged two years to approximately four years. Whilst the Senior Preschool educates children aged up to five years. The teacher/child ratio is one to nine, a ratio superior to that required by the Ministry of Education. This ensures quality of care and education for all children in the ACG Strathallan Preschool environment.
Introduction to Preschool Booklet
Download the latest ERO Review reports as a PDF